Saturday 2 May 2015

Week 5 Day 6 - Avengers ASSEMBLE!

02/05/15 Day 32 – Active Rest

Today was an awesome day! One of the first days I haven't actually missed the gym as if I have lost a part of me. This morning I actually managed to have a lay in, which made me feel incredibly revitalised, now don't get me wrong I do love waking up early and getting things done, but there is nothing like sleeping in an extra few hours.

After a usual daily breakfast and coffee my partner and I popped off into town for a spot of lunch. It was a relatively high carbohydrate meal, which will be taken as this weeks cheat meal. Remember – If you are dropping carb levels during the week you need to have a high carb meal (not a day, a meal). This will allow you to spike your leptine levels which having been gradually dropping all week. The leptine spike boosts the metabolism back up and allows for constant fat burning all week long!

After our lunch we went to see the new Avengers:Age of Ultron. Which I have to say was absolutely awesome. If you have read my earlier posts then you will know I am a big comic book fan, so when big events happen like this it is a must for me to see them! Seeing action scenes on the big screen just brings in a whole new aspect of the story line, with the massive progression in CGI every year we see huge animated blockbusters hit our screens and wow us in amazement. This was one of those times. With this progress in animation its truly incredible to witness films like these that 10/15 years ago would have been a distant thought in producers minds due to the huge technical demand, but now they have blurred the lines between Sci-Fi and reality. Looking at films like these there is a part of you sitting there wishing/hoping that some day something like this could actually happen (yes I want to be a superhero, I really, really do). Without giving away anything I have to say it is pretty damn close to being on par with the first Avengers film, which I my opinion had a perfect balance of humour, action and suspense. There was a fair bit of humour running throughout the film which tickled kids and adults alike and does justice to fans like myself and the thousands of other that have seen this film since its UK release.

For me super heros aren't just cool film and comic book characters, they are people we can relate and aspire to, now don't get me wrong I won't be donning pants over leggings and try to fight crime! But standing up for what is right, believing in yourself and other and always striving to be the best at what you do, now that is something anyone can do, you don't need super powers but you will feel like you do.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday,

Happy Resting,


Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment