Saturday 4 April 2015

Week 1 Day 6 - Good Vs Evil

4/04/15 Day 6 – Rest Day 1

For me, rest days are the days I most struggle with. I can be under a bar breaking myself down to nothing, sweating, out of breathe and feeling like I am going to collapse at any moment, and I know that that is doing something, its making me stronger. But when I am resting I feel hopeless, its like I have never worked out before, my energy levels seem lower and I don't have the drive I usually do. So its on days like today I have to remind myself why I need to do this.

Without ample rest the body cannot grow, when you are at rest you body is given a chance to push out toxins, repair damaged tissues and allow your muscles to just relax.

For me I have spent the day watching DC Entertainments “Arrow”, I am very big fan of the Marvel and DC Universes. For me, it isn't just artistic, for me superhero's are a motivational tool. A person who is in their given circumstances are looked up to, they have to work tirelessly to achieve what they must, they give all their strength and effort to do what must be done. So why can I not do that? I have my goal and I know what I must do, so I will work with everything I have, find anyway possible to make sure that I control the outcome of my future. Superhero's don't leave things to fate, and neither will I. It does also help that most superhero's are portrayed with incredible physiques, chiselled abs, bulging arms and the strength of something that isn't...well...human.

I find that by motivating myself we things that are above and beyond me, it only makes me strive to be better, to be the image be aspire to, to be the role model people need. For me this isn't just about getting big, its about making a difference.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter Weekend!

Happy Resting ;)


Matt   


No comments:

Post a Comment