Thursday 23 April 2015

Week 4 Day 4- Strive To Be Different!

23/04/15 Day 25 – Back

Today was a awesome day, its currently 12 noon here in England and I am already starting to feel sore from a workout I did 7am!

Keeping on with the FST-7 training we took to probably my favourite muscle group today, but I was not alone, for today my dad, my girl friend and I were all training together. Under my watchful eye we all embarked on an FST-7 session never to be forgotten!

Here is what it looked like:

Wide Grip Pull Ups – 2 Sets x Failure
V-Bar Pull Ups – 2 Sets x Failure
Dumbbell Single Arm Row – 4 Sets x 8-10 Rep Per Arm
T-Bar Row – 4 Sets x 8-10 Reps
Barbell Shrugs – 2 Sets x 12-15 Reps
Seated Cable Row – 7 Sets x 8-10 Reps

Cardio – Interval Training 15mins Total


I would just like to start by saying, if you don't already if you don't already have a training partner, I would really suggest finding someone with the same sort of goals as yourself and work together, the motivation and drive I felt today, not only for myself but how much I want to naturally motivation my training partners is inspiring and if you feel like you aren't going anywhere with what you are doing at the moment then definitely give it a try.

I started today's session with some light mobility work, followed by a quick foam roller session on my back, for me I really notice a difference in my muscular pathways after I have had a roller on the target muscles. Then we moved onto the starting exercises :Wide Grip Pull Ups & V-Bar Pull Ups, now for a man with my kind of leavers pull ups are not a comfort exercise by any means, which is good because being out of your comfort zone pushes you to try different things. Non the less for me to get good reps out of wide grip chins I had to use a resistance band, now this doesn't mean let the band do everything and enjoy the ride, I still worked hard on getting my contraction right as well as getting full ROM (range of motion). I did how ever do the V-Bar Pull Ups without a resistance band, I hit some reps that I was happy with and some that I was not so happy with, but its all progression so pretty happy over all.

Then it got serious, we moved onto the Dumbbell Single Arm Row, with all of us working the sets at the same time it almost became like challenge, we all wanted to do really well, test our bodies and push ourselves hard and that is exactly what we did. Making sure to contract the Lats between ever sets to really get that solid pump, which helps us to manipulate the fascia around our muscles and promote growth, which is the whole point of this FST-7 training. With each set past it seemed like the motivation levels just kept bumping up, the weights increased, the grunting started and we worked seriously hard. Couldn't of been any happier with my performance, which is something you will rarely hear me say.

We then found a quiet room for our T-Bar Rows, we threw a few plates on the bar and got cracking. We were all really smashed from the previous exercise, but it didn't stop us, with encouragement in the air like a toxic gas it flooded through our bodies and was reflected in our performance, we hit our reps, we hit our sets as well as the contractions and came away with our heads held incredibly high!
On to the smallest set of the workout next, Barbell Shrugs. We performed this exercise with a Hexagon Bar, normally used for dead lifting but it proved easier to use than a barbell and in my opinion it actually works better than a barbell. So Dad and I got some nice big plates on the bar and shrugged our worries away, it was awesome.

Moving with pace we came to our final exercise of the day: Seated Cable Row, here we worked one at a time, in order to keep the intensity high, the rest periods low and make sure we were 100% focused on the task at hand. Focusing on drawing the elbows into the sides and squeezing hard at the top to get that flood pumping through our back, for myself I also made sure I was contracting in my 30 second rest periods just to aid that fascia manipulation.

All in all we had an absolutely incredible session, surrounded by brilliant people, in a brilliant place for brilliant results.

If you want to change your life today contact me at : mgonlinept@gmail.com many have already started seeing amazing results so why can't you!?

Have a wonderful day,

Happy Lifting,


Matt

Amie Jade : https://www.facebook.com/AmieJadeFitness

No comments:

Post a Comment