Saturday 25 April 2015

Week 4 Day 6 - How To Eat Your Way To A Flat Stomach

25/04/15 Day 27 – Active Rest

Diet, this is a term that gets thrown around a lot, so I will let you into a little secret pretty quick. If you actually want to get rid of fat, tone up and stay slimmer dieting is the worse thing you can possibly do.

So what does “Diet” actually mean?

A special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.”

So here I want to focus on one word,restricts”. If I was to sit here and tell you that for the next 6 weeks I want you to stop eating sugar, cakes,crisps, bread, chocolate and all manor of other indulgent food you probably do one of two possible things:

1- Tell me to F off
2- Laugh, then tell me to F off

The fact is going from everything to nothing just makes you want those indulgent foods we know are bad for us more. We are all guilty of it, I myself used to be the worst for it, but I learnt a secret, something that I am going to share with you now. You don't have to cut it out, you can still have those naughty treats you like so much, its just a matter of moderation. So in order for you to enjoy those treats you must become stricter in other areas of you daily food intake, I will take you through a small example to show you how you can work your way around get rid of all the things you like. Its called, macros.

So! If I am an average male my total carbohydrate intake makes up between 40%-60% of my “RDA” of calories. If I would usually hit my upper limit of 60% throughout the day with my main meals, I should theoretically not have any more carbohydrates for the rest of the day, but what you will find is that you have a chocolate bar here, or a ice cream there that you never even account in your “RDA”. So lets say I am allowed 400g of carbohydrate each day, I eat 3 meals with 100g of carbohydrates per meal, taking my total to 300g, then I consume a packet of crisps which contains 13g of carbohydrates, I then have a twirl on a break at work (56g of carbohydrates) and 2 apples through that day as a healthy snack, each apple containing 19g of carbohydrates, that takes my total for the day to 407g of carbohydrates, so I am 7g over my upper limit, as easy as that, now you will not lose weight this way! But if you plan to have a twirl that day, you can reduce each amount of carbohydrates in your fixed meals so they are 60g rather that 100g that is 120g off your whole day, you are still in a deficit, allows you to lose fat and still allows you to have a little treat.

Now I am not condoning this as a day to day activity, in fact far far from it. If you have a balanced food intake, you are active on a day-to-day basis and in good physical and mental health, then using this once or twice a week allows you to stay focused on losing that unwanted fat as well as having a little bit of the things you like, which as we all know will mean you are more likely to keep it up and keep the pounds off.

If you are looking to lose some weight for summer, tone up or torch that fat, get in contact with me at : mgonlinept@gmail.com for some personalised programmes with guaranteed results, if everyone else can do it, why can't you?


Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Happy Resting,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment