Sunday 5 April 2015

Week 1 Day 7 - Lock'n Load

5/04/15 Day 7 – Rest Day 2

So, after being cooped up yesterday I decided I had to get out today. With the alarm set early on what was a sunny yet crisp bank holiday Sunday, I was ready to get back to the gym, much to my partners dislike being woken up at such an hour. So I donned my gym attire, ate some breakfast and had my morning coffee and got on my way.

Straight away I felt alive again, like I had a purpose. With my new mental focus I bombed my way to the gym on my bike and got ready to tackle some cardio. I was looking forward to a savage session on the stair master, but as I entered the gym I could see the two Goliath machines had been taken, so I resorted to the treadmill. Now with lots of previous knee injuries the treadmill isn't an overly recommended machine, but for me, its simple and easy to work with and test myself. I also feel that with the incline up around 3% or more it takes a bit of the force out of the knee and makes it slightly nicer on the joints.

I did a 5min Warm Up followed by 2 Minute work intervals with a 1 Minute Rest period. With this style of training I was focusing on my Cardiovascular system, rather than my 1 minute sprints, which trained more of my Lactic Acid system. For me I like to feel warm, so today I trained with a hooded jumper on, to encourage my body to heat up more and get a bit of a sweat on! There is nothing I like more than coming out of the gym drenched in sweat, it gives me a strange sense of achievement.

After this I worked my way through my stretching. For me the lower body was a target area, with Legs start Week 2 Day 1 I want to be in the freshest shape possible to hit another heavy session.

Tomorrow I start with the Second Phase of the Y3T Training. Here I am going to be working through a slightly higher rep range with my exercises with a minimal 14 reps, so prepare to fatigue a little more, prepare to struggle a little more and prepare to dig deep within your mind, to grant yourself the strength to push through this week with me.

I have had a wonderful day surrounded by family and wonderful friends, I have fed myself royally and am ready to start shredding these calories into my training! I hope you have all equally had a fantastic day, so rest up, sleep well and get ready.

Let Week 2 Commence.

Happy Lifting

Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment