Sunday 19 April 2015

Week 3 Day 7 - 5 Ways to Change Your Life, Forever

19/04/15 Day 21 – Active Rest

Do you ever find yourself down? Sometimes you aren't quite sure what you are working for, you're lost and don't have the motivation to drive on to success, or maybe you just want to try something new for a change? Here are a few ways I personally keep my motivation levels high and constantly stay on track for success.

Goal Setting

Now you have probably heard about this a million and times, so a million and 1 won't hurt. Deciding what you want to be or where you want to be is incredibly simple to do. When you have that “place” in mind you then work backwards to figure out how you will get there. For instance: I want to place in the top 5 in my first ever Bodybuilding Competition, then I would say, ok how will I do this? Well I need to get my nutrition right week in week out (achievable) I need to stick to my training plan (achievable) I need to work on my posing (achievable) etc. So make them small goals you can monitor and keep track of, tick them off as you go and the motivational boast will be incredible!

Imagery

Positive mental imagery is an incredibly powerful tool. By visualising exactly what you want in life you are able to home in on what you must do to be there, the more you think about being there the more you will want it, the more you want it the more you think of it. The cycle goes on until it is the 1 and only thing you focus on, when this happens you will naturally do everything that is in your power to make sure that it happens. Try it, you will be amazed!

Talking to Yourself

Positive affirmations are some of the most powerful self motivating tools in anyone's arsenal. Saying something as basic as “I can do this, I can do this, I can do this” will force yourself to believe that you have all the tool capable to “do this”. It can be used in pretty much any scenario and will really and I mean really unlock your brain to endless and unlimited power.

Role Models

Using a role model is a fantastic way to constantly remind yourself why you are doing what you do, whether it be an image you are trying to replicate (bodybuilding) or a certain sum you want in your pay check at the end of every month, you have to look at the people that are doing it and say, what are they doing that I am not? Once you break that down and utilise the same thing that they are, there is nothing to stop you.

Fly with Eagles

When you surround yourself with people who are not interested in what you are trying to achieve you will have a source of temptation, with this comes distraction and if you are truly wanting this “thing” what ever it may be you must completely and utterly immerse yourself within it. To keep moving constantly and consistently forward you must surround yourself with people, like yourself, who share the same common goals and interests, this is how you will truly become successful.


To seek more free advice and help in your training or even get a customised fitness/nutrition plan send me an e-mail at:


I am on there everyday and get back to everyone.

Hope you have enjoyed your weekend,

Happy Lifting,


Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment